With limited runners Written Tycoon has one of the highest winners to runners and stakes performers to runners ratio in Australia. A star not only with his runners but also in the sales ring Written Tycoon's stock has been in high demand in both Australia and New Zealand.
At the 2013 William Inglis Melbourne Premier Sale Written Tycoon had two yearlings sell for an impressive $220,000 or 33 times his 2010 service fee!
Written Tycoon is also a pin hookers dream with a number of his offspring being on sold for profit. At the 2012 New Zealand Bloodstock Ready to Run 2yo Sale his colt from Wild Release sold for NZ$250,000 having originally being sold for $55,000 at the William Inglis Classic Sale.
Trump, a $45,000 Magic Millions son of Written Tycoon was sold to Hong Kong for over 5 times his purchase price but not before providing his owners with a Group 3 victory.
Importantly, Written Tycoon's stock has been embraced by trainers with leading stables such as Peter Moody, Chris Waller, John O'Shea, Bjorn Baker and Robert Heathcote just a sample of stables with his progeny in training.
- Champion First Season Sire of Australia in 2010/11
- Sire of outstanding Group 2 winning sprinter HOWMUCHDOYOULOVEME
- Sire of 12 individual stakes performers including – TRUMP, ALEZAN THUNDER, MASTHEAD, IT IS WRITTEN, ANDRE ROO HOO etc
- Sire of the best 2yo in Tasmania GRAND TYCOON -7 consecutive wins including Listed TRC Elwick Stakes and Listed TTC Gold Sovereign Stakes
- Two yearlings sold at 2013 Melbourne Premier Yearling Sale for $220,000.00 (33 x 2010 Service Fee) with a sale average of $121,375.00 and median of $124,000.00
- Successful pin hook stallion with yearling colt originally sold for $55,000.00 being on-sold for NZ$250,000.00 at 2012 New Zealand Bloodstock Ready 2 Run Sale